Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The UN Refugee Agency




Tonight I don’t want to discuss too much about the UN Refugee Agency, because I think the website has something greater to offer. The title is pretty self-explanatory. The organization has been helping refugees worldwide since the 1950’s. The websites is one of the most modern I have seen. There are great links throughout the site to stories and up-to-date information. There is also a section that lists areas of major operations. There is a link dedicated to Chad/ Darfur. I think this shows how on top of the situation they are.

Anyway, what I wanted to demonstrate tonight, was the photo albums the section has to show. They are listed below. “A picture is worth a 1000 words…”

Internally Displaced in Chad: Violence Crosses the Border

Camp Life in Eastern Chad

Portrait’s of Darfur’s refugees (This is my favorite, the faces show much character!)

Destruction and Displacement in Darfur, Sudan

The Environment in Chad

Chad: relocation from the border to refugee camps

No comments: