Sunday, January 28, 2007

State of the Union Address (follow up)




I had posted last week about the concern the Save Darfur group had for the president's involvement in the situation for Darfur. I have quoted here what the group wrote and what President Bush said in his speech last week.

"In his speech, President Bush said, 'We will continue to speak out for the cause of freedom in places like Cuba, Belarus, and Burma -- and continue to awaken the conscience of the world to save the people of Darfur.'

The President's remarks on Darfur are a disappointment to the millions of Americans who have been acting to 'awaken the conscience of the world' and demand greater protection for the people of Darfur."


I agree with the group’s reaction to Bush’s comments, or rather, lack there of, and feel a huge sense of disappointment.

I have also added the Save Darfur's website to my list of links. Check it out!

No comments: