Monday, March 12, 2007

SPRING BREAK! ....is over :(

So this post actually has nothing to do with Darfur, back to that tomorrow. Our assignment for class is to write a "what we did over sping break post." Now I know the phrase, what happens in Mexico stays in Mexico is commonly used, but I'm willing to share some of the g-rated highlights.

My flight left Boston at 6 on a Sunday...not so great. I went on my trip with my sister Sarah and her boyfriend Lonnie. We had a little trouble getting down to Mexico with our flights. But it all worked out okay. It was worth it to get there.

The picture above are of the mountains flying in.
We were staying at the Villa del Palmar in Puerto Vallarta (that’s a site that allows you to view the hotel, and incase, after you see it, you want to make a reservation, you can) Our room was so amazing we didn’t want to leave it.
By day we were poolside or beach side. Julio was our friendly bartender that brought us ice-cold sodas every day. : )

By night, only because my mom (above) was also in the country, we experienced some of the nicer restaurants in the area. One, the Vista Grill, looked out over all of Puerto Vallarta and was one of the most gorgeous sights I have ever beheld.
Other highlights were :
jet skiing hours before we left the country!

Getting to see my dad! (unfortunately only for two days)

And of course, the gorgeous sunsets!


Try not to be jealous!

More on Darfur and professor Matson’s article suggestion tomorrow!

No comments: