Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ann Curry (Blog)



As promised, I said I was going to discuss Ann Curry's blog. Though, like all her other things, it's from a few months ago, I really enjoy the perspective. I have read a few of her posts and I like the ability to get more of a personal level. While you can read all her news stories, I think that this is equally as insightful. It gives the reader the experience Curry had to go through, which is, in my opinion, news worthy. It helps emphasize what's being said so "professionally" in news reports.

Journalistically I think this brings up an interesting point as well. Journalists are always debating the significance of blogs and how that they some how discredit the news content of what's being discussed. I think this is a perfect example where a blog is being news worthy. Not only that, but it is bringing an aspect, her personal experience, of news that is not being reported anywhere else within this MSNBC website.

I especially wanted to highlight the links she has to other useful websites.

The following is her list (also pictured above):

"Additional information on how you can help:

STAND: Students Taking Action Now: Darfur
Africare
Mercy Corps
Christian Children's Fund
Doctors without Borders
Genocide Intervention Network
Save Darfur
Human Rights Watch
The U.N. Refugee Agency
World Food Programme
UNMIS: U.N. Mission in Sudan
Oxfam International
International Rescue Committee
Concern Worldwide US
United States Fund for UNICEF
International Medical Corps"

I plan to take more time discussing each one of these websites individually.

1 comment:

Genocide Intervention Network said...

Hey Melissa,

If you have any questions about the Genocide Intervention Network, feel free to email our web team at:

web [-at-] genocideintervention.net

(replace [-at-] with the @ symbol)