Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ann Curry





As I mentioned yesterday, I wanted to talk more about the msnbc.com section on Darfur. They are a series of reports from correspondent Ann Curry. They aired back in November. The photos on the right are images from the video that I took and found very impactful on my own mind. The video tells the story with many more photos like these.

I really like this video because it explained a few of the things I have already mentioned. It discusses the displaced children, which is a piece of the Invisible Children story I mentioned. It also talked about the Janjaweed and how the children fear them. I think the video really puts to life what I've been trying to convey and inform on.

Also, to take a journalistic side note, in my journalism 3 class we have been discussing the difference between a written article and video. The words to this video are written out with out any pictures. I first read the article and then watched the video, and the video had 10 times more of an impact.

I think it's so hard to relate to these children. I think back to when I was 13, just entering my teen years and how awkward everything was. However, I'd rather have it be awkward than deal with what they deal with. My nightmares at 13 were of imaginary fears. The horrors they fear in their dreams are real. That's something I don't think I could handle at age 19, let alone six years ago.

No comments: